I am excited to join Gayaza High School at a time when we need to consolidate and keep growing the school to newer heights.
I was officially received at the school on 10th October 2019 by the Board of Governors and the Deputy Headteacher Mrs. Agatha Ssenyonjo, who had been acting Headteacher from when Mrs. Victoria. S. Kisarale retired on 23rd August 2019.
I am not new to Gayaza High School; I am a proud Old girl, Class of 82 and have served in various capacities at the school as a teacher (1992 – 2005) and later Ag. Deputy Headteacher (2006 – 2014). In 2015, I was transferred to Makerere College School on promotion as a substantive Deputy Headteacher, then later was appointed Headteacher.
I thank the Ministry of Education and Sports, Foundation body, Board of Governors, Parents, Old girls Association, teaching and non-teaching staff and the entire students body for the support and guidance accorded to me.
Gayaza High School is still faced with challenges that range from ensuring that the academic performance remains at the top, ensuring that the growing numbers can be accommodated within the available space and continuing to expand the school farm and other co-curricular activities that equip the learners with different skills needed in the 21st century. The current student population is 1425; this is double the number the existing facilities were meant for. A new classroom block and dormitory would cater for the increased population. There is need for harvesting water in order to curb the challenge of water supply. In this 21st century, the school has embraced ICT in learning though with challenges like the inadequate infrastructure and high costs of stable internet bandwidth.
Gayaza High school is Christian founded School and I pledge to ensure that the core value of Godliness is upheld and the banner of Christ raised even higher and indeed Christ will remain the sure foundation. My anchor is in the Lord who has enabled me return to the school the second time.
I take this opportunity to extend my appreciation to the following;
- All former Headteachers: Ms. Sheelagh Warren, Mrs. Ruth Nvumetta Kavuma, Mrs. Joy Male and Mrs. Victoria. S. Kisarale for the great work done.
- The Gayaza Alumni Network(GAN) who pay full fees for a student from S.5 to S.6
- The parents who contribute to the Benevolent fund through school fees and those who individually contribute to students struggling with fees.
- The current girls in the school that contribute to their friends fees through initiatives of fund-raising activities at the school.
- Brac Scholars fund that supports some girls particularly in A level
Our greatest achievement will be to send out Holistic and Academically excellent girls who honour the Lord in all that they do.
I welcome you to our website and feel free to navigate through.
Never Give Up